A healthy and delicious low-carb meal made with simple ingredients.
Looking for a tasty and satisfying low-carb dish? Our mouthwatering low-carb chicken flautas are the perfect choice. Packed with flavor and made with simple ingredients, these flautas are sure to become a new favorite.
Low-Carb Chicken Flautas
Mission 0 net carb tortillas: These tortillas are a fantastic low-carb alternative, allowing you to enjoy the flavors and textures of traditional flautas without the guilt.
Rotisserie chicken: Tender, juicy, and already cooked, rotisserie chicken saves you time and adds delicious flavor to these flautas. Feel free to use leftover roasted or grilled chicken as well.
Shredded cheese: We recommend using a blend of Mexican and Oaxaca cheeses for an authentic and delightful taste. However, you can use any cheese of your preference.
Avocado oil: This healthy oil adds a touch of richness and helps achieve that lovely crispy texture when baking or frying the flautas.
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F. If you prefer a crispy texture, you can preheat a skillet with avocado oil over medium heat for frying.
2. Shred the rotisserie chicken into small, bite-sized pieces. Remove the skin and bones beforehand.
3. Warm the tortillas for a few seconds in the microwave or in a skillet until they become pliable (this will prevent them from breaking while rolling).
4. Place a generous amount of shredded chicken along the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle a handful of the shredded cheese on top of the chicken.
5. Gently roll each tortilla into a tight cylinder, securing the filling inside. If you're frying the flautas, you can seal the edges with toothpicks to hold them together.
6. If baking, place the flautas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, seam side down. Brush them lightly with avocado oil for a golden and crispy exterior. Bake the flautas for approximately 15-20 minutes or until they turn golden brown and crispy.
8. If frying, carefully place the flautas in the preheated skillet with avocado oil. Cook them for about 3-4 minutes per side or until they become golden and crispy. Remember to remove the toothpicks if you used them.
9. Once the flautas are done, transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to remove any excess oil.
Low-carb chicken flautas pair wonderfully with a variety of delicious dips and accompaniments. Here are a few suggestions:
Guacamole: Prepare a fresh batch of guacamole using ripe avocados, lime juice, cilantro, and spices for a creamy and tangy dip.
Salsa: Opt for a spicy salsa with tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, and herbs to add a burst of flavor.
Sour Cream: Serve a dollop of sour cream on the side for a cool and creamy contrast.
Lime Wedges: Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the flautas for a zesty twist.
Chicken and cheese flautas make a fantastic appetizer, snack, or even a main course when paired with a side salad. Give this recipe a try, and let your taste buds be amazed by the incredible combination